Planning to move because your house is too small for your family? This can be really tough if you love your current neighbourhood, the kids are in a great local school and their friends (and yours) are close by. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to stay exactly where you are in a brand new home that’s designed to meet all the needs of your family? With the cost of renovating spiralling upwards, an increasing number of people are now considering a knockdown and rebuild so they can stay in the area they love in a house that perfectly suits their lifestyle.
Why knock down and rebuild?
- In many cases it can be more affordable than renovating an older home
- With the cost of land prices and stamp duty, it makes more sense for people to remain in an area they know, but with the benefit of a brand new home.
- The average time to knock down and rebuild is around 11 months (depending on the type of house and council approvals)
- Living in a construction site can be really stressful on families
- Move into the dream home you’ve always wanted, without moving
- Keep your children at their current schools
- Can be more cost effective than a complicated and lengthy renovation to an older home – and avoid restrictions and compromises associated with renovating an older style home
- Improve the energy efficiency of your home with a 6-star, or more, energy rating
- Get everything you’ve been looking for without settling for a renovated compromise
If you're interested in learning more about knocking down your house and building a new home, we recommend you have a chat with the team at Porter Davis. Not only are they one of Australia's leading home builders, they are very familiar with the Mornington Peninsula. In fact our area is their third most popular location for knock down/rebuilds, particularly with young families. They'll give you a comprehensive guide to what's involved - it could be a much more cost effective (and less painful) than a lengthy renovation.
Explains Astrid Saint-John, Regional Sales Manager (East) for Porter Davis, “The Knock Down Rebuild opportunity seems to be most popular with the 35 to 50 year old age bracket, typically living in established suburbs in older style homes on larger blocks of land. Quite often it’s young families wanting to build a large home to create a bigger living space for when the toddlers become teenagers.”
The Porter Davis Knockdown & Rebuild team will help you through the process every step of the way:
- Carefully assess your block of land and discuss its possibilities with you
- Work with you to understand how you want to live and how to choose your ideal home
- Provide easy to understand quotes
- Organise approvals and permits for your new home (excluding town planning)
- Guarantee your construction time frame inclusive of your personal variations
- Provide you with a key point of contact at all stages of the process
- Give you first class customer service from go to whoa, something they pride themselves on
You can also visit the amazing World of Style showroom in South Melbourne where you can view and select all the materials for your home. There's a wide range of stunning kitchen and bathroom designs, structural options and storage solutions to choose from to customise your home all under one roof, including bricks, tiles, fittings, fixtures & electrical options. And if you’re not sure of the style of interior you prefer, they’ll help you work out exactly what your style is with an interactive quiz. And then their interior design consultants will help make your selections process a smooth one.
This month Porter Davis were presented with the award for Victorian Professional Major Builder of the Year by HIA (the 12th time they have received this accolade over the last 19 years).
Porter Davis is holding a Knock Down Rebuild session at the Ranelagh Club in Mt Eliza on February 26, 2019. "Being a Mornington Peninsula resident myself," says Astrid. "I really appreciate it when businesses visit us in our area rather than having to travel to the city to go to an information session. The event at the Ranelagh Club is complimentary, all you need to do is register. You'll find out all your need to know about the process and regulations and how they relate to your block, and you can ask as many questions as you like about the benefits of KDRB, how to get the process started and why you should choose Porter Davis. Call me on 0425 764 725 to reserve your seat."
You can visit World of Style any time to have a look at the incredible design facility.
410 City Road, South Melbourne
Open 7 days (9am–5pm)
1800 767 837